2vs2 maps

Share and discuss Mobile Forces content here
Gianfrutta

2vs2 maps

Post by Gianfrutta »

Hello manes,
I was thinking about making 2v2 maps, would the concept interest you?
It could be layed out like this
-Team red/blue spawn
-4 ways to get in the central part of the map where the objectives should be. Maybe add 3 possible key location for detonation
-All the ways should have some kind of surface to bounce grenades off
-Maybe an open skybox to get people creative with throwing grenades/mines
About spawn killing:
Since the map will be rather small, spawn killing might be a problem, so I was thinking about implementing a second zone in addition to the loadout one that blocks the players from other teams from getting too close to spawn.
I wanted to make one big direct way to boost sniper/rpg usage, which takes less time to get to the centre but you're more vulnerable crossing it. In the central section I might add a crate to reload/change loadout, but it might be too advantageous for the winning team. Two ways that boost smg/shotgun usage. And one last way which will take a lot of time to cross but it will lead to the enemy team backlines.
I know it's a lot of work, especially balancing and testing. But do you think this concept might work in a game like MF? If so, every advice is welcome!

Gianfrutta

Re: 2vs2 maps

Post by Gianfrutta »

Maybe adding some kind of panel on the wall with a different texture that tells the player "hey throw a grenade here!"

About the open skybox, I meant to make the environment so that you can throw grenades over walls, with the right power/angle the player might be lucky and get a kill. That's why I'm reluctant to add a loadout crate in the center, it might only give the winning team a infinite resource of grenades to throw. Maybe I can make grenades not available there, and only make other weapons free to pick up.